A book club for those who like to read cookbooks and enjoy a community meal.
The group meets monthly on the third Monday night of the month from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Participants are asked to bring a dish to share from that month’s cookbook and their own table setting.
Registration is required. This group cannot accommodate drop-ins.
To register, contact Community Services Librarian Jessica D’Avanza at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 401.247.1920 x312.
This month's cookbook theme is British chef Nigel Slater. Cookbooks with the titles:
- Tender: A Cook and His Vegetable Patch (2011)
- Ripe: A Cook in the Orchard (2012)
- Eat: The Little Book of Fast Food (2014)
- Notes From the Larder: A Kitchen Diary with Recipes (2013)
- Accompanying memoir is Toast: The Story of a Boy's Hunger (2011) or you can watch the film (also available to stream on Amazon Prime and Netflix).
Sponsored by Friends of Barrington Public Library.