A book club for those who like to read cookbooks and enjoy a community meal.
The group meets monthly on the third Monday night of the month from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Participants are asked to bring a dish to share from that month’s cookbook and their own table setting.
Registration is required. This group cannot accommodate drop-ins.
To register, contact Community Services Librarian Jessica D’Avanza at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 401.247.1920 x312.
This month's cookbook theme is public radio chef, Lynne Rossetto Kasper of The Splendid Table. Cookbooks with the titles:
- The Splendid Table: Recipes from Emilia-Romagna, the Heartland of Northern Italian Food (1992, James Beard Award Winner, IACP Award Winner)
- The Splendid Table’s How to Eat Supper: Recipes, Stories, and Opinions from Public Radio's Award-Winning Food Show (2008)
- The Splendid Table’s How to Eat Weekends: New Recipes, Stories, and Opinions from Public Radio's Award-Winning Food Show (2011)
- The Italian Country Table: Home Cooking from Italy's Farmhouse Kitchens (1999)
- and even from www.splendidtable.org
Sponsored by Friends of Barrington Public Library.