A book club for those who like to read cookbooks and enjoy a community meal.
The group meets monthly on the third Monday night of the month from 6:30 to 8 pm. Participants are asked to bring a dish to share from that month’s cookbook and their own table setting.
Registration is required. Space is limited.
To register, contact Community Engagement Librarian Jessica D’Avanza at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 401.247.1920 x7.
This month's cookbook theme is Cuban cuisine and includes the following titles:
- Cuba The Cookbook by Madelaine Vazquez Galvez and Imogene Tondre (2018)
- Paladares: Recipes Inspired by the Private Restaurants of Cuba by Anya Von Bremzen (2017)
- ¡Cuba! Recipes and Stories from the Cuban Kitchen by Dan Goldberg, Andrea Kuhn, and Jody Eddy (2016)
- The Cuban Table: A Celebration of Food, Flavors, and History by Ana Sofia Pelaz and Ellen Silverman (2014)
- Estefan Kitchen: Authentic Cuban Recipes from the World-Renowned Restaurants of Emilio Estefan and Gloria Estefan (2008)
- A Taste of Cuba by Beatriz Llamas (2005)
Made possible by the Friends of Barrington Public Library
* Please note that this program involves food and/or drinks prepared for and by the participants and, therefore, attendees choosing to partake of the food and/or drink available during the event do so at their own risk.