Friends of the Barrington Public Library will hold its Annual Used Book Sale on Thu, Nov 5 through Sun, Nov 8 in the Collis Family Gallery on the second floor of the library. Browse thousands of books, most available for only $1 to $2 each. This annual sale is a major fundraiser for the Friends. Members of the Friends receive early access to the Fall sale before it opens to the public.
Our 2020 sale will be a little different than previous years...a little smaller and we will manage attendance through Eventbrite. We guarantee you'll still find your favorite authors and leave with an armful of bargains.
See below for dates, details on how to get your admission ticket, and COVID-19 safety protocols.
Benefit Preview for Dealers*
Thu, Nov 5 from 4 to 8 pm
*$20 admission fee per person and allows for 1-hour of shopping time (all other days allow for 30-minutes of shopping time)
Early Bird Preview for Members*
Fri, Nov 6 from 4 to 8 pm
Join online or at the door, if non-member
*$10 individual membership or $15 family membership (annual)
Admission is free for all on the following days:
Sat, Nov 7 from 9 am to 3 pm
Sun, Nov 8 from 1 to 5 pm
- You must register in advance for each person attending (including children).
- Tickets will be available beginning Monday, October 19. A direct link to Eventbrite is available at https://friendsofthebarringtonlibrary.org/fall-book-sale/
If you have a problem reserving your ticket online, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the library at 401-247-1920 x2 and a staff member will help you make your reservation.
ARRIVING AT THE BOOK SALE
- Arrive at least five minutes before your allotted time and line up at the lighted tents along the sidewalk outside of the library.
- Present your printed ticket or e-ticket on your mobile device.
We will accept payment at the door only on Friday night for those who need to renew or join the Friends. Those who plan on attending Thursday MUST pay online to reserve their ticket.
- You will be directed to a side entrance door to enter the sale on the second floor of the library. If you need the elevator, someone will escort you into the building.
- The number of book sale shoppers will be limited and you will have 30-minutes to browse and make your selections.
- After you browse and select your books, follow the signs to check out.
While you are waiting to check out, you might want to add a Friends of the Barrington Library deck of cards ($10) or sturdy book bag ($8) to your purchase. We are happy to help get your purchases to your car.
We accept credit cards or cash for entry, new memberships, membership renewals, and book sale purchases.
COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- All attendees must wear masks at all times.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available.
- We ask everyone to follow the directional markers on the floor and maintain at least 6 ft. from other shoppers.
- The number of book sale shoppers will be limited and you will have 30 minutes to browse and make your selection.
If you are sick with COVID-19, have symptoms consistent with COVID-19, or have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19, it is important to stay home and away from other people until it is safe to be around others.