Try your hand at designing an outfit using just tape and some book pages (from damaged, well-read books that could not be salvaged). Most creative design will receive a copy of Playing with Books: The Art of Upcycling, Deconstructing, and Reimagining the Book by Jason Thompson and the chance to recreate their design on our Teen Room mannequin when they are able to. See below for more information. For grades 6 thru 12. While supplies last!
Instructions are as follows:
1. Register to receive an email to pick up your bag that will contain a dress form, one roll of tape and ten sheets of book pages.
2. Design an outfit. The sky is the limit! Get inspired! You may add any embellishments of your own but the outfit itself MUST be made using the pages.
3. Take two photos of your finished design. One of the front and the back. Email the photos to Tanya@barringtonlibrary.org by Friday, February 5th.
4. The winning design will be notified by the following week and we will discuss the recreation of our Teen Room mannequin. And you will recieive the book and bragging rights! The design will also be featured on our website, facebook & instagram pages.
5. Questions? Call Tanya at 247-1920 x6 or email at email@example.com