Most museums and institutions are gradually reopening. Reopening dates are subject to change depending on public health data, and state and local regulations. We recommend contacting the museum or institution before planning your visit.
Barrington Public Library offers free or reduced admission to museums and cultural attractions around southern New England thanks to the generosity of the Friends of Barrington Public Library.
Procedure for Museum Pass Use
- Have a valid Ocean State Libraries library card to reserve a museum pass
- Passes may be reserved up to two weeks in advance either by person, by phone or through the library website
- Each family is allowed no more than two (2) different passes per week during vacation weeks and holiday periods
- Each family is allowed to check out no more than two (2) passes on any given day. One pass per institution.
- Returnable passes are due back to the Library by 9 am the day after use
- A fine of $5 per day is placed on your library card for overdue returnable passes
- Patrons are responsible for replacement of lost passes; cost varies for each museum
- Museum hours vary or change without notice.
With our online booking you can view available passes, pass details, place your reservation and receive an email reminder to pick up your pass at the Reference Desk.
Reserve your museum pass online or call the Reference Desk at 401-247-1920 x2.