Welcome to the Tech Help Desk!
Barrington Public Library offers tech help to the community through monthly computer classes and one-on-one tech help appointments.
Please visit our Tech Classes page to see the upcoming classes. All tech classes are currently held virtually via Zoom.
One-on-one tech help can be scheduled virtually via Zoom or over the phone or in-person (socially distant) with Digital Services Librarian Siobhan Egan & is currently BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
To make an appointment:
- Call the Reference Desk at 401-247-1920 x2
- Email email@example.com
- Request an appointment using this form (Siobhan will be in contact with you to officially schedule an appointment)
- Stop by in-person to make an appointment
- eBooks, eAudiobooks, & streaming video through eZone (help with OverDrive or Libby app) **SEE BELOW**
- eReaders, smartphones & tablet devices
- Windows OS & Mac OS
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Searching the internet
- Zoom & FaceTime
- Resizing or printing pictures
- Uploading a resume
- Social Media websites & apps
Please bring or have all relevant passwords to access the accounts you need help with. Please bring or have your media device if you need help with it.
Please note: We do not troubleshoot or fix malfunctioning devices, take apart or replace physical parts on a device, handle viruses or virus software, download and/or install hardware, or participate in credit card transactions.
eZone - a digital collection of ebooks, audiobooks, and streaming video available online or via the OverDrive and Libby app.
Access eZone here, or from our library’s homepage. Bookmark eZone in your preferred web browser. Download the OverDrive or Libby app from your device’s app store and read, watch, or listen on-the-go. The mobile apps are compatible on most devices. For troubleshooting or other help needs, visit the OverDrive help pages. Additionally, there are two PDF files attached below with step-by-step instructions for Getting Started with eZone and Navigating eZone.