What You Need to Know About our Continued Reopening in Phase 3
*Updated September 16, 2021*
For information about Rhode Island and reopening guidelines, please go to Reopening RI
For coronavirus & Vaccine information including town and state updates, please go to Coronavirus Resources
- No time limit on library visits
- Building capacity restrictions lifted
- Computer sessions go back to 2-hours (1-hour for guest passes)
- Comfortable seating is restored with a new, quiet reading & study area
- Newspaper and magazine browsing returns
- More study areas available on the Main Floor
- Books are no longer quarantined so you will receive your holds faster
Face masks are required in the library per Town Manager's Executive Order regardless of vaccination status. (Executive Order) Masks are required for library patrons under ages 2-12 and those who are not fully vaccinated per state and CDC guidelines.
Second Floor Meeting Rooms
The second floor of the library including the Salem Family Auditorium, the Collis Family Gallery, the meeting rooms, and the Chapin Study Room study remain closed to the public.
McCulloch Children's Room
The McCulloch Children's Room has reopened with safety guidelines. Please visit the Kid's Page for details, or call 401-247-1920 x4.
Monday thru Thursday: 9 am to 8 pm
Friday & Saturday: 9 am to 4:30 pm
Sunday: 12 pm to 4 pm
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information - Rhode Island Department of Health vaccine information
- State Vaccination Registration Portal - Sign up for a vaccine (when eligible)
- Reopening RI Libraries - Ocean State Libraries constorium phased reopening plan
- RI Public Libraries open status - Check this list for links to public libraries around the state
- Barrington COVID-19 Updates - Keep informed of local updates from town officials
- Reopening RI - The governor's phased guidelines for reopening the state.
- Governor.ri.gov - Sign up for email updates from the governor's office.