What You Need to Know About our Continued Reopening in Phase 3
*Updated June 17, 2021*
For information about Rhode Island and reopening guidelines, please go to Reopening RI
For coronavirus & Vaccine information including town and state updates, please go to Coronavirus Resources
- No time limit on library visits
- Building capacity restrictions lifted
- Computer sessions go back to 2-hours (1-hour for guest passes)
- Comfortable seating is restored with a new, quiet reading & study area
- Newspaper and magazine browsing returns
- More study areas available on the Main Floor
- Books are no longer quarantined so you will receive your holds faster
Face masks are not required in the library if you are fully vaccinated. Masks are required for library patrons under ages 2-12 and those who are not fully vaccinated per state and CDC guidelines.
There will be no fines for overdue items until June 30, 2021. Ocean State Libraries have agreed to waive fines for fines accrued March 14, 2020 - June 30, 2021.
The last day for curbside pickup will be Saturday, June 19.
Second Floor Meeting Rooms
The second floor of the library including the Salem Family Auditorium, the Collis Family Gallery, the meeting rooms, and the Chapin Study Room study remain closed to the public.
McCulloch Children's Room
The McCulloch Children's Room has reopened BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. You can schedule an appointment here, or call 401-247-1920 x4.
Appointment hours for the summer:
- Monday: 10 am – 4 pm; 4:30 pm – 7 pm
- Tuesday: 10 am – 4 pm; 4:30 pm – 7 pm
- Wednesday: 10 am – 4 pm; 4:30 pm – 7 pm
- Thursday: 12 pm – 5 pm
- Friday: 12 pm – 4 pm
- Saturday: 10 am – 1 pm
Monday thru Thursday: 9 am to 8 pm
Friday & Saturday: 9 am to 4:30 pm
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information - Rhode Island Department of Health vaccine information
- State Vaccination Registration Portal - Sign up for a vaccine (when eligible)
- Reopening RI Libraries - Ocean State Libraries constorium phased reopening plan
- RI Public Libraries open status - Check this list for links to public libraries around the state
- Barrington COVID-19 Updates - Keep informed of local updates from town officials
- Reopening RI - The governor's phased guidelines for reopening the state.
- Governor.ri.gov - Sign up for email updates from the governor's office.