Rhody Radio is a podcast that brings you voices from your neighbors around the state. Discover local writers, artists, experts, scholars, musicians, and performers from across the Ocean State, and enjoy lectures, stories, and conversations selected for you by Rhode Island librarians.
Rhody Radio: Rhode Island Library Radio Online began in order to fill the gap in continued learning and social connection that libraries provide during a time when library doors are closed. Now and in the future we seek to provide wider access to library programs, lectures, reader's advisory and library staff insights to our patrons near and far.
Rhody Radio is made possible by a grant from the Rhode Island Council for the Humanities and support from the Rhode Island Office of Library and Information Services.
Below is a selection of Rhody Radio episodes created and/or produced by Barrington Public Library staff.
To find more episodes from other Rhode Island libraries visit RhodyRadio.org.
New episodes are released on Tuesdays and Fridays -- subscribe and never miss an episode!
FEATURED EPISODES FROM BARRINGTON
- 08/31/21 - Go Inside a Clock Tower with the Clock Man
- 08/24/21 - Behind the Wheel with Jane at Roger Williams University
- 07/13/21 - The Life of an Author: with Beth Splaine & Kathy Haueisen *Barrington resident featured
- 06/15/21 - Whale of a Tale: The Nicholson Collection at the Providence Public Library
- 06/01/21 - Breakfast Served All Day: The Story of the Rhode Island Diner
- 05/25/21 - Libraries, Bicycles, & Storytelling from the East Bay Bike Path *Barrington residents featured
- 05/11/21 - Roger Williams, the Big Blue Bug, and the Clam Shake with Mark Binder
- 05/04/21 - Songwriting as Therapy During Coronavirus with Morgan Johnston *Barrington resident featured
- 04/16/21 - New & Notable Books: Personal Finance Made Easy
- 04/13/21 - A Star is Born: Classic Films Behind the Scenes
- 03/30/21 - In Harmony: Groundbreaking Vocal Groups of the 1930s
- 03/23/21 - Eat Fearlessly in Rhode Island with Stu Meltzer
- 03/09/21 - One Year of the RI-Covid 19 Archive
- 02/12/21 - New & Notable Books: It Happened in the Library
- 02/02/21 - Writing Wild at Teatime with NYT Bestselling Author Kathryn Aalto
- 01/12/21 - The Celebrity Club: The Story of New England's First Integrated Nightclub
- 01/05/21 - Finding Mindfulness in the New Year *Barrington resident featured
- 12/25/20 - New & Notable Books: The Natural World
- 11/10/21 - Rhode Island Jazz: A Short History
- 10/13/21 - Go on a StoryWalk with a Land Conservation Trust *Barrington residents featured
- 09/15/21 - Rising as Read by Elizabeth Rush - The Password
- 09/15/21 - Elizabeth Rush Author Interview for RARI 2020 *Barrington residents featured
- 09/01/20 - On the Power of Poetry: A Conversation with Prof. Kara Provost *former Barrington resident
Rhody Radio is made possible through funding support from the Rhode Island Council for the Humanities, an independent state affiliate of the National Endowment for the Humanities. The Council seeds, supports, and strengthens public history, cultural heritage, civic education, and community engagement by and for all Rhode Islanders.
Rhody Radio is a project of the Office of Library and Information Services with production assistance from Rhode Island public libraries.